Monday, August 24, 2009

Stories of Taylor

Ok I have a couple of pretty funny stories about Taylor that I want to remember. This girl cracks me up!

Story #1

The other day I had a doctors appointment and decided I would take my girls with me. We are sitting in the waiting room reading some books (I have no idea what is on the TV). All of a sudden Taylor says "Mom why is that baby breaking out of that moms belly?" I look up and it's the baby story and it's right during a C-Section! Thoughts racing through my mind of what I'm going to say......"Just cuz" that's the best I could come up with. She had such a concerned look on her face. Next question "why is the baby all gross?" Umm being the great mom I am say "look it's all cleaned up and the baby looks cute." She didn't have enough time to ask any other questions the nurse called me back.

We are then sitting in our room and you all know how lovely the posters are on the walls. Well Taylor looks at me and asks "Mom whens the baby going to BREAK out of your belly?" I tell her not for a couple of months and she then says "but mom that will hurt." I say don't worry mom's tough. After that she really hasn't asked anything else. Lol. I'm just glad it was a C-section she saw and not the other way! So now she tells everyone "the baby is going to break out of mom's belly." Love it.

Story #2

This past weekend I went on a girls trip. A much needed vacation. A BIG thanks to Becca for planning it out! It was so much fun lots of shopping, good food, and massages (thanks to Nat for setting that one up.) Anyway back at home my mom had caught 3 HUGE grasshoppers for Taylor and sent her home with them. Later that night Sadie had the container and opened it up. Sadie then began to scream and freaking out. Taylor was yelling MY GRASSHOPPERS. Jeremy turns around to this chaos. He ends up catching the grasshoppers and throwing them outside. I get home and we ask her what dad said about the grasshoppers. Without skipping a beat she replies

"FREAKING grasshoppers. There going outside!" Oh man I just busted up laughing. She then goes on to say how dad threw her grasshoppers far far away. Moral of this story we have to start watching what we say around this kid!

11 comments:

Alicia Steere said...

I got a good laugh out of these! I love them!!! Yeah, we are having to watch what we say around Shelby too, these little ones are like sponges! :)

The W's said...

Yeah! Thanks for inviting me to see your blog

aabrownfamily said...

She's so cute. It seems like their the most alert to what's going on when you don't want them to be. Did Taylor start preschool?

Amy Eaton said...

So funny, Love it!

The Davis Family said...

Too funny! Your girls are so cute! In answer to your question about my cousin Becky, she's doing well and is now married (not to Isaac) and has a little baby boy. I just saw her at a family reunion in May. Oh, I'd like to invite you to view my blog, but I don't think I have your e-mail address. Please send it to me: alan_diane at yahoo dot com. Thanks!

Elaina said...

Your girls are adorable! Love these stories and I'm nervous the day my kids ask me questions about stuff like that. In my book if they are old enough to ask they are old enough to know. We have to watch what we say around my son. He our copycat lately. He will repeat plain out what we say. It's still hilarious on what they can pick up!!

Amber said...

BAHAHAHA That is so funny...Taylor is a cutie.

Ani B said...

Seriously, this had me busting up laughing the whole time! Taylor's a trip. I love it. That's fun you guys got to play down in Utah together.

The Zolman Family said...

Taylor is hilarious!! I can totally imagine her saying that JUST like Jeremy said it. What a cute girl :) Thanks for having us over tonight; it was fun. Isa must have seen Taylor drinking from some green cup when we were leaving and when we got home she wanted the SAME cup to drink out that Taylor had---yikes, what a melt down.. it was cute though that she wanted to be "just like Taylor" :)

Catherina said...

Ok...I am laughing out laud thru this whole thing! She is hilarious! I just love how your baby will be "breaking out"! SWEET! Like the prisoner she is!!lol Ohhh good that you wrote these down. I love being a mom. It is things like this that are so rewarding:-)

April said...

So cute!! Your kids are growing up so fast and they are just beautiful!