For some reason lately I have really been missing my Grandma and Grandpa Erickson. Both of them have passed away and I find myself thinking about them a lot lately. We just got a wood burning stove in our home and when I go downstairs my house smells like their house would. I LOVE it. Grandpa would always have a fire going even in the middle of the summer. And with Halloween coming up I'm reminded of Grandma's little goodie bags she would give out. She would give each of us a few :). They were filled with lots of candy. Grandpa would do his little scream as we would come in all dressed up and pretend not to recognize us. Grandma sitting in her rocker and Grandpa on the davenport ( that's what my Grandma would call the couch.) I just bought a package of jelly belly's and all I could think of was me picking through my Grandma's big jar of them and her telling me to not be picky and just take a handful. I would always just smile at her and say I needed some cinnamon ones though :). I just am thankful for the wonderful examples they were to me. I could go on and on with the memories. They truly were great people and always put family first no matter what. I wish I had some pictures of my Grandma but that was before the digital age. I will have to scan some in so my girls will be able to see pictures of her too.
This first picture is of Taylor with my Grandpa. The next was him with Sadie. I think he liked all her hair :).

I know they are up above watching over me and my sweet little family. I always tease that my Grandma sent all my girls with blue eyes because that's the color of hers and when I was younger everyone would always say how I got the Erickson brown eyes (I think she got tired of hearing that haha.) If you've seen Sadie's blue eyes those are my Grandma's eyes. :). I love all my BLUE eyed girls (and yes their dad has some good lookin blue eyes too.)
1 comment:
How sweet is that?! Such a cute post!!
Post a Comment